Thursday 15 May 2014

Finish!

A brief update cannot do justice to the last, very tough section over Namibian gravel roads and South African mountains... but it will have to do anyway! Arrival in Cape Town was great, especially with the Team Flying Dutchwoman waiting for me, with messages from family, friends and colleagues. Stefan, Natalie, Diewert... thanks for coming to Cape Town and celebrating with me!

The tour has been a dream; not easy, but a lot of fun. It has been amazing to explore Africa by bike. I truly enjoyed racing for four months with such great people, and I am happy with the result; winning the women's classification, and being second over all (men + women). Now it is time for a holiday in South Africa, the bike has been packed and I will concentrate on sleeping in (very hard since I am used to get up at 5:15am) wine tasting and other very relaxing activities. Back home I will give my Blue Lightning some love and a well deserved rest, this summer I will spend on the road bike. Oh, and in the office. Time to get back to real life!

For all people who have pledged contributions to Jobortunity, thank you and I will contact you personally when I am back in Europe!